Social Media » Snapchat
Priyanka Tomar | Updated On June 7, 2023
Despite Snapchat being popular for a variety of reasons, it is undeniable that its main selling point is “Streaks.”
In other words, if there is any Snapchat feature that helps this platform to retain users, it has to be “Snapstreak.”
However, as we have already discussed everything about “Snapchat Streaks: What is it and how to get started as well as maintain streaks on Snapchat?” in our previous segment, so, instead of wasting time in re-explaining the same to you, let us directly come to the point of discussion that “what to do if your Snapchat streak is lost?”
In this regard, let us ask you this question—
Have you also started a streak on Snapchat (with the aim of getting the highest streak score while maintaining daily exchanges) and it has become an exclusive part of your life?
If yes then, unfortunately the worst thing that can happen to you is that you unexpectedly lost your Snapchat streak.
“Streak” is one such feature of Snapchat that makes everyone feel included in the lives of their friends, even if they are miles away. Soon after its introduction in 2015, streaks became a way to maintain a lasting contact with their friends because the longer you go without breaking your streak, the longer your chain of communication will be!
Although it is designed as a strategic incentive to grow the company’s user base and keep users interested in using the platform for a longer period of time. But, it seems that maintaining Snapstreaks among Snapchat users is often considered a major challenge.
Most users on Snapchat, especially teens, invest an inordinate amount of their time keeping streaks alive. Therefore, we understand that nothing is more devastating than losing a streak you put in months or years of work!
So, if you too have lost your streak and are wondering is there a way to get back a lost Snapstreak then, read on to get the answer—
Table of Contents
- Why Did You Lose Your Snapchat Streak?
- What You Need to Understand Before Getting Your Snap Streak Back?
- How to Restore/Get a Lost Streak Back in Snapchat?
- Restore Snap Streak on Snapchat with These Two Handy Options:
- Option 1: Use your Snapchat Account
- Option 2: Use Snapchat’s Support page
- When Snapchat Won’t Help You Get Your Snap Streak Back?
Broadly speaking once a Snapstreak is broken, the “Standard procedure” or you can say the “Rule” is that you’ve to start the streak all over again from scratch.
But, if the lost Snapchat streak means the world to you, we suggest you not fret as thankfully, there is a way to recover streaks on Snapchat.
About this, we’ll talk later in this post because first it’s necessary to know all the kinds of possibilities that could end a Snapstreak!
Why Did You Lose Your Snapchat Streak?
There have been some unavoidable circumstances due to which you can face hard time losing your snap streaks. To know about them, read the list below—
- First of all, the main reason you lose your streak is that you or your friend hasn’t sent a Snap in the last 24 hours. However, don’t blame the other person right away because sometimes it’s not anyone’s fault.
- The next possibility could be that you have connectivity issues that plague the app. To be specific, Snaps may fail to send if you or your friend has trouble connecting to the Internet. In this case, Snapchat should tell you that the snap was not delivered so that you can try again once you are properly connected to the Internet. Otherwise, the 24-hour period may expire, and you end up losing your streak.
- Another reason for losing Snapstreaks can be a hardware or operating system problem. Unfortunately, if this goes on for a few days, you won’t be the only victim as your best friend streak status will also disappear.
- Also, most blame a bug within the app for Snapstreaks disappearance that occurs soon after installing the update.
- Not just these, even technical glitches within Snapchat or server outages can cost you your days or year’s long Snap Streaks.
However, guess what!
In most of these cases, you can get your streak back. But, it becomes much easier to restore it if you lose it mainly due to a technical glitch or a server outage.
What You Need to Understand Before Getting Your Snap Streak Back?
As is clear by now, Snapstreak can break at times, either due to an accident or due to some unfortunate event, right! So, before you get into the process of getting your streaks back, there are a few things that you should keep in mind, and they are as follows—
- Try to answer the questions accurately.
- You should clearly explain why you lost the streak.
- Try to give an exact tally count of the Snapstreak that you had. However, even if you can’t remember, it’s fine as long as you put in the approximate value, but it shouldn’t be too far from the original number.
- You cannot always refer to follow this process whenever a streak breaks because after two tries, Snapchat might turn your request down. Thus, be extra careful. Don’t make a habit of losing your streak and appealing to Snapchat. Instead, try not to forget sending snaps to people to make your streaks last as long as possible on Snapchat.
How to Restore/Get a Lost Streak Back in Snapchat?
Now that you know the circumstances under which you can lose your Snapstreak despite that you are very committed and didn’t miss a day; it’s time to walk you through the process to get back your lost streak on Snapchat!
In this regard, let us tell you that you’ve two options handy to start the recovery process, and they are given underneath. Have a look—
Note: With the help of the below procedure, Snapchat users can report a lost Snapstreak to get it back within 24 hours. However, it is worth noting that although this method does not guarantee a restore of Snapstreak, it is the only best shot for the users who lost their streak on Snapchat.
Option 1: Use your Snapchat Account
If you’re sure that you rightly followed the Snapstreak rules and still lost your streak then, assuming your streak ended in error, you’ll need to start the recovery process for your lost streak. For that, the following should be done using a Snap account –
- Step 1: Firstly launch the Snapchat app on your respective Android or iOS device.
- Step 2: Then, sign in to your Snapchat account (if not already logged in).
- Step 3: After logging in to your account, tap on your ‘Bitmoji’ or ‘Profile icon’ located in the top-left corner of the app screen.
- Step 4: By doing this you will be able to open your Snapchat profile and when your profile is open, tap on the ‘Settings icon’ from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 5: Once the settings are open, you need to scroll down towards the bottom until you find the ‘Support’ section.
Note: It can also be accessed in other ways i.e. by visiting the Snapchat support website.
- Step 6: Inside the support section, what you need to do is select ‘I Need Help.’
- Step 7: As you do this, you will now be taken to the support page of Snapchat and once you are on the support page of Snapchat, there will be several options to help you choose the issue you are facing. So, out of all the available ones, you have to select the ‘Contact us’ option for this particular situation.
- Step 8: Now, you will see another list of options and among them tap on ‘Snapstreaks’ to see support topics related to Snapstreaks.
- Step 9: Following that, look for the question“What if my Snapstreak has gone away, but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24-hour window?”and tap on ‘Let us know’ link present besides it.
- Step 10: This will take you to the next page under the ‘Contact us’ section of the Snapchat support page and there, you simply need to select the“I lost my Snapstreak” option when asked ‘What can we help you with?’
- Step 11: Doing this will now bring in front of you a form that you would need to fill to let Snapchat help you. To be precise, this form asks you to answer the following questions—
- Phone number,
- Your Device,
- Friend’s username with whom the streak got lost. [Note: There is a condition here that you can use only one friend’s username when making a request. So, if you’ve lost a Snapstreak with multiple users, you’ll need to submit separate requests to Snapchat.]
- When did you start having this issue?
- How long was your Snapstreak before it expired?
- Did you see the Hour-glass emoji? And, more such related questions.
- Step 12: Once you have filled the form displayed on the screen with correct details, tap on ‘Send’ to submit the request. However, before sending the request, make sure you check the filled form thoroughly to correct mistakes if made any.
After you submit your request, Snapchat Support will review the submitted form and look into the issue to get your (days or year-long) Snapstreak back.
Tip: To be on the safe side, also ask your friend with whom you lost the Snapstreak to report the same.
Now, you need to wait for a period of 24 hours to check if your streak is restored!
Option 2: Use Snapchat’s Support page
In case, if the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, chances are Snapchat won’t be able to help.
However, guess what! Even if that’s what happened, you can support your case (for recovering your lost streak) in the “What information should we know” section of the form.
Here you can thoroughly explain the reason behind losing streak. Of course, you can give any explanation for your lost streak. For instance it could be something like “failed internet connection or app not working properly.” This is because ultimately the goal here is to make Snapchat believe that you’ve genuinely lost your streak accidently.
Or, you can also go for your lost streak recovery from “Snapchat Support Page” by following these steps—
- Step 1: Instead of opening Snapchat and logging into your account, in this option, you’ll need to go directly to Snapchat Support.
- Step 2: There on the Snapchat Support page, select the ‘Contact Us’ option.
- Step 3: After that, select “My Snapstreaks disappeared” beneath the ‘How can we help’ option present in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Snapchat Support page.
- Step 4: Now, a form will appear on the screen, and you have to fill it with all your relevant information which you have been asked to enter such as your username, email address, mobile number, device (on which Snapchat is installed) and your friend’s username, etc.
- Step 5: After filling out the form, tap on the ‘Send’ button to submit it to Snapchat to hopefully recover your lost streak.
When Snapchat Won’t Help You Get Your Snap Streak Back?
Snapchat will not restore your streak if it ended naturally. In that case, it also didn’t matter that you were close to the 100 or 1000 day milestone.
So, basically if you forgot to snap your friends, it’s your fault and none of the Snapchat business to mind! However, as already mentioned, you can lie and make up stories as if something went wrong with the app, but we don’t recommend it. Rather, we suggest that you start a new streak and why not?
Sometimes, a fresh start is a good thing because life is full of new beginnings, isn’t it!
Well, it’s all about how users can get their Snap Streak back and keep your symbol of friendship alive.