Want to know what the longest streak on Snapchat is? Curious about the longest Snapchat streak ever? Interested in the world’s longest Snapchat streak? You’re in the right place because we are about to answer the question of what’s the longest Snapchat streak. Read on to find out more.
What Is a Snapchat Streak 2023?
A Snapchat streak is how many days you and another friend have sent a picture or a video back and forth in a snap. There are rewards for keeping long streaks going, which encourage people to use not only the app but also this feature of it. It is also a great idea if you’re striving to get one of the highest snap scores out there.
Longest Snapchat Streak in 2023
The longest Snapchat streak in the world is currently held by Hannah and Lauren Luckey, who have been maintaining their streak since 6 April 2015, when the feature was first introduced. Their streak has reached a remarkable number of 2794+ as of December 2022. However, it is possible for someone else to break this record soon.
How to Begin a Snapchat Streak 2023?
You can start a streak by asking your friends to get in on a streak chain with you, then you need to send them a snap and have them send you a snap back.
A streak will start when you and your friend have sent snaps back and forth for three consecutive days. Once the streak starts, you’ll see a fire emoji next to their username.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to start a Snapchat streak:
- Install Snapchat: Download and install the Snapchat app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s available for free on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Create an Account: Launch the Snapchat app and sign up for a new account if you don’t have one already. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your profile.
- Add Friends: After creating your account, you’ll be prompted to add friends. You can search for your friends by their usernames or sync your phone contacts to find Snapchat users. Add the friends you want to start a streak with by tapping on the “+” button next to their names.
- Send a Snap: Once you have added your friends, it’s time to send them a snap. Tap on the “Chat” icon located at the bottom of the screen to open the chat window. Then, select the friend you want to send a snap to.
- Take a Photo or Video: Snapchat allows you to send photos or videos as snaps. To take a photo, tap the large circular button at the bottom of the screen. For a video, hold down the same button. You can also add filters, text, stickers, or draw on your snap using the available tools.
- Set a Time Limit: Before sending the snap, you can choose how long the recipient can view it. By default, snaps disappear after a few seconds, but you can extend the viewing time up to 10 seconds.
- Send the Snap: Once you’re satisfied with your snap, tap the blue arrow icon to send it to your friend. They will receive a notification indicating that you’ve sent them a snap.
- Receive a Snap Back: To maintain a streak, your friend needs to send you a snap in response. When you receive a snap from them, make sure to open it to keep the streak going.
- Keep Snapping Daily: To continue the streak, you and your friend need to send snaps to each other every day without a break. Remember, a streak is only maintained if both parties exchange snaps within 24 hours.
- See the Streak: As you continue exchanging snaps daily, a number will appear next to your friend’s name, indicating the length of your streak. The number increases each day you successfully maintain the streak.
- Be Consistent: To avoid breaking the streak, make sure to send snaps regularly and remind your friend to do the same. It’s essential to be mindful of the 24-hour deadline.
Remember, Snapchat streaks are meant to be fun and can help you stay connected with your friends. Enjoy snapping!
What Are the Rules of a Snapchat Streak 2023?
The rules are pretty simple: you and your friend must send at least one snap to each other each day. After three days, you’ll see a fire emoji as well as a number signifying how long the streak is. However, if one of you misses even a single day, you will lose the streak and need to start over.
Keeping a Snapchat streak means you and your friend need to have a lot of dedication to keep it going. Additionally, photos and videos sent via messages do not count toward streaks. Stories do not count either.
- Both users must have a Snapchat account.
- Both users must add each other as friends on Snapchat.
- The streak starts when both users exchange snaps (photos or videos) within 24 hours of each other.
- The snaps must be sent directly to the other user and not posted on their Story.
- To keep the streak going, both users need to exchange snaps every 24 hours. Missing a day will result in the streak being lost.
- The snaps must be unique and not repetitive. Simply sending the same snap every day will not maintain the streak.
- The streak is indicated by a fire emoji and a number next to the friend’s name in the chat list.
- The number represents the length of the streak in consecutive days.
- Users can send each other regular snaps, as well as snaps with filters, text, or drawings.
- Snaps must be successfully delivered and opened by the recipient to count towards the streak.
- Snaps sent during a chat or video call do not count towards the streak.
- Group snaps do not count towards individual streaks. Only snaps sent directly to the specific friend will maintain the streak.
- If one user loses the streak, it will disappear from the chat list, and the fire emoji will disappear as well.
- It is not possible to regain a lost streak once it is broken. Both users will have to start a new streak from scratch.
It doesn’t matter how much effort you put in, it’s more about consistency. – Larry Kim
Snapchat Streak Emojis
Here’s a list of some of the Snapchat streak emojis and their meanings:
- 💯: 100-day streak. This emoji appears when you and your friend have been exchanging snaps for 100 consecutive days.
- 🔥: Fire streak. This emoji appears when you and your friend have maintained a streak for several consecutive days. The number next to it indicates the length of the streak.
- ⌛: Hourglass streak. This emoji appears when your streak is about to expire. It serves as a reminder that you and your friend need to exchange snaps soon to keep the streak alive.
- 🌟: Gold star streak. This emoji appears when your streak reaches a significant milestone, such as 1,000 days or more.
- ✨: Sparkles streak. This emoji is similar to the gold star and represents a substantial streak milestone, usually between 100 and 999 days.
- 🎂: Birthday streak. This emoji appears when you and your friend have a streak on their birthday.
Snapchat uses emojis to signify a lot of things on the app. For streaks, there is a handful of relevant emojis.
A fire emoji means you are on a Snapstreak and have been for more than 3 days. There will also be a number showing how many days the streak has lasted.
Once you get the 100 emoji next to the fire emoji, that means the streak has been going on for 100 days. Nice. Getting a mountain emoji next to the fire emoji means that the streak has been going on for 500 days.
The last emoji is the hourglass. If you see this emoji, that means that you are in danger of the streak ending and need to send and/or receive a snap fast to save the streak and not need to start over.
You can share your Snapstreaks with your friends using filters! Just double tap your friends name, take a video snap, and swipe left and right for filters.
How is Snapchat Score Calculated?
Snap scores are calculated using a secret formula. Snapchat hasn’t entirely revealed the factors that are used to determine a user’s Snapchat score, but they do list a few on their support page.
- The factors we know for sure (from the Snapchat support page):
- Number of Snaps sent
- Number of Snaps received
- Posting Stories
- Factors that might influence the score:
- Subscribing to content creators
- Browsing and interacting with content on the Discover page
- Looking at content on the Spotlight page
- Keeping your Snap streaks
- Opening the app after not being on it for a significant amount of time may increase the score
How to Check Out Longest Snap Streaks on Snapchat
1. Swipe Right: From the camera screen, swipe right to access the Friends screen.
2. Search for a Friend: Scroll through your list of friends or use the search bar at the top of the screen to find the friend whose snap streak you want to check.
3. Find the Streak Emoji: Look for the fire emoji (🔥) next to your friend’s name. This indicates that you have an active streak with them.
4. View Streak Details: Tap on your friend’s name or the 🔥 emoji to view the streak details.
5. Check the Streak Length: In the streak details screen, you’ll see the current streak length displayed next to the fire emoji. It represents the number of consecutive days you and your friend have exchanged snaps.
Top 10 Longest Snapchat Streaks
After doing some digging, here are the top streak numbers for the highest Snapstreaks. These friends are highly dedicated to their Snapchat streaks to have them going for this long.
- Missy Krieger and Carly Schwartz, 2681
- Fatmis & Samko, 2655
- Hannah Garrett & Lauren, 2700
- Sophia & Haley, 2583
- Chris & Jorah, 2529
- Isabella Goza and Gavin Clark, 2527
- Mia & Millie, 2494
- Samko and Fatmis, 2492
- Jenny Grinsell and Jason Muccioli, 2482
- Jessica & Patrick, 2422
- Micheal Groves & Blair, 2403+ days.
- Alex Glass & Nataly Wittels, 2403+ days
- Dan & Gina, 2394
- mark Karamea & Nicole, 2301+ days
- Laura and Lisa, 2291
- Julie S and Kristi B, 2215
- Shiki Shrugss & Chance, 2100
- Juan Felpe Sarmiento Ebratt and Felipe Torres Pizarro, 2088
- Tyler & Yohann, 2009+ days
- Briana Griese & Fiance, 2000+ days
Just for some context, 2000 days is nearly five and a half years. That top streak at 2681 has been going on for more than seven years. And those numbers will have likely gone up by the time you read this article.
What are the rewards?
Snapchat does not offer any official rewards for maintaining or achieving long Snapchat streaks. The streak itself is seen as a fun way to engage with friends and encourage consistent communication. The reward is primarily the satisfaction of keeping a streak going and the sense of connection it brings. Users may also enjoy the fire emoji and number next to their friend’s name, indicating the length of the streak, as a form of recognition within the app.
World Record Snapchat Streak: Rewards for Reaching a 365 Days Snapchat Streak
Snapchat does not have a reward for the year mark on streaks. There is a reward for 100 days – 100 emoji next to the fire emoji – and a reward for 500 days – mountain emoji next to the fire emoji.
Rewards for Reaching 1000-Day Snapchat Streak
Back when Snapchat used to do trophies, you would get a trophy for maintaining a Snapchat streak with a friend for more than 1000 days. However, now trophies have been replaced with charms, so this reward is mostly just the personal knowledge that you have maintained a streak for nearly three years.
How Does a Streak Break?
A Snapchat streak breaks if neither user sends a snap to each other within a 24-hour period. Once the streak is broken, the fire emoji and number disappear from the chat list, and users will have to start a new streak from scratch.
How Long Can Snapchat Streaks Be?
Snapchat streaks can theoretically be as long as users continue to exchange snaps with each other every 24 hours without a break. There is no defined limit to the length of a streak, so it can extend for as long as both users maintain the streak consistently.
Recover the Snapchat Streak Back If it lost
To recover a lost Snapchat streak, you can try the following steps:
- Contact your friend: Reach out to the friend with whom you lost the streak and inform them about it.
- Apologize and explain: Let them know that the streak was unintentionally lost and express your desire to regain it.
- Resume regular snaps: Start exchanging snaps again within a 24-hour period to establish a new streak.
- Be consistent: Ensure both you and your friend maintain the streak by sending snaps daily.
- Monitor the streak: Keep track of the consecutive days and enjoy rebuilding the streak together.
You might be interested to check those related posts as well:
- Highest Snap Scores [of 2023]: Who is the Record Holder?
- 61 Mind-Blowing Snapchat Stats [Snap Inc] and Facts 2023
How do I know if a Snapchat streak is about to end?
Snapchat makes this easy by putting an hourglass emoji next to your friend’s name if your streak is about to end. This happens when the requisite snaps have not been sent within a 24-hour period.
What is the maximum Snapchat streak?
So far it would seem there is no maximum streak, the numbers just keep growing every day! It is unlikely that Snapchat would even implement a maximum streak because maintaining streaks means that people are using Snapchat more.
Why are teenagers so fascinated by Snapchat streaks?
Since teenagers are very connected to social media, Snapchat streaks are a way to measure just how active they are with individual friends. There is a lot of social pressure to keep streaks up and the gamification aspect of the streak keeps teens fascinated with maintaining them for longer.
What is the longest Snapchat streak in Guinness?
Guinness World Records does not have a specific category for the longest Snapchat streak. The Guinness World Records primarily focuses on various achievements and records across different fields, including sports, science, entertainment, and more. While Snapchat streaks are a popular feature on the platform, they are not officially recognized or recorded by Guinness World Records.
There are some pretty impressive Snapchat streaks out there with some streaks reaching more than seven years. Do you have a streak that is longer than any of the ones we found?